Thursday 10 July 2014

Wednesday 9th July - Living in Lima

Fortunately, today was a lot more interesting workwise. Instead of championing the use of herbal remedies for vaginal dryness, was instead championing the sweet red raspberry fruit, before going on to write about the differences between spearmint and peppermint. Feel like I've never been as healthy as now - although I'm sitting all day and probably giving myself eyestrain and storing up blindness for the future, am drinking upwards of 3 green teas a day. And they say office work is dull!

Still getting used to the 10 hour days - pretty brutal, but like the crazy party animal I am I managed to stay up til 9pm yesterday.

And now I've got to know Peru a bit more I would like to end with a few fun facts:

1) It is SUPER cheap. And when I say cheap, I mean cheaper than the cheapest thing you've ever probably encountered (unless of course you've been to Peru yourself). Do whole grocery shop for the week and you could end up with change from a 20 pound note (or the equivalent in Peruvian soles). Not too shabby.

2) It NEVER rains in Lima apparently. And I believe it. Was told it wasn't necessary to bring an umbrella (even though it's winter here at the moment), but being English, of course I couldn't imagine a world sans rain, so I did. But haven't seen a drop of rain so far.

3) Buses here are CRAZY. The word 'sardine' doesn't cut it - there are always so many people packed onto the unstable, questionable-looking contraptions that I'm surprised they can breathe. The drivers are constantly cutting up traffic, tooting their horns and ignoring policeman. And they crash frequently too I hear. Didn't die of shock from that one, I must admit.


No comments:

Post a Comment