Saturday 9 August 2014

Friday 25th July - Birthday Madness

Today I felt like I was dying. This bug/cold/infection I have was about three times worse today and I can now feel it in my ears. On the upside, we did have a nice little birthday party in the kitchen for two of the colleagues at work today, complete with food, music, and cake. Learned that Peru has a strange tradition pertaining to birthday cakes - they cut a circle out of the middle and only cut and serve the outer ring. When I pressed for information about why they did this, no-one was able to tell me, and I'm still none the wiser.

And this evening, on the advice of my flatmate, I ate two raw cloves of garlic (mixed in with potatoes and cheese) in the hope it will clear my symptoms. Didn't taste great but I've got my fingers crossed it will work by tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment