Wednesday 15 October 2014

Things A-Breakin'

Well, all is going wrong in Peru. And when I say 'all', I mean that in a very First-World-Problems-Spoilt-Brat kind of way, referring to a few of the mod-cons that make my life a little bit easier.

At the weekend, our already dodgy dining room light decided it would bathe us permanently in all its brightness, by refusing to actually turn off (I mean, I've heard many times of lights not turning on, but a light that no longer turns off was completely new for me). Therefore, for the past few days, I've been lying in bed imagining the overheated bulbs causing imminent fire-related death.

And then our cooker hob thought it would join in the fun by leaving us a ring short. As we already had two rings that never worked in the first place, we can now get only one gas flame for three people. Dinnertime is now an interesting scram for this holy ring.

And if that wasn't enough, our internet box went on the blink yesterday, meaning we now have no connection to the outside world once we leave work.

Not the best of weeks. I'm now hoping my imminent trip to the jungle will make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment